TasFoods Limited and its subsidiaries will be referred to as “we”, “our”, “us” or “TasFoods” in this policy.
At TasFoods, privacy is important to us. We make every effort to maintain the highest standards in dealing with personal information of all people that we deal with (including employees and people external to the organisation referred to in this document as “you” or “your”) in accordance with the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) (“the Law”).
2. What Information we collect and hold
We may collect and hold personal information about you, that is, information that can identify you, and is relevant to providing you with the services you are seeking, or to providing services to others.
This information may include your name, date of birth, current and previous address details, telephone numbers, email addresses, demographic information, occupation and employment details, including qualifications.
We also collect information about:
- Suppliers, customers and their employees (including business name and address, contact details, and employee names, birthdates, addresses and working conditions (including hours and salaries); and
- potential employees (including names, addresses, contact details, employment and academic histories and the names of their referees).
We only collect Sensitive Information (as defined by the Law) in very specific circumstances. Where we do so, we will notify you of this and ask for your specific consent for its collection, use and disclosure with strict controls around this.
Collection of information that is not ‘personal information’
3. How we collect and hold
Personal information will generally be collected directly from you through the use of any of our standard forms, in a customer or supplier contract, over the internet, via email, or through a telephone conversation with you.
4. Why we collect information
The personal information that we collect and hold about you, depends on your interaction with us.
Generally, we will collect, use and hold your personal information for the purposes of:
- providing products to you or someone else;
- providing you with information about other products that we, our related entities and other organisations that we have affiliations with, offer that may be of interest to you;
- facilitating our internal business operations (including managing your employment, if relevant);
- complying with regulatory or legal requirements;
- analysing our goods and customer needs with a view to developing new or improved services.
We also use your personal information to communicate with you, including by email, mail or telephone. If you have opted in to receive newsletters, communications or special offers from TasFoods you may, in some circumstances, also receive newsletters, communications or special offers from our third party partners. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications please ask us to cease this via our Privacy Officer.
5. When we disclose your personal information
We may disclose personal information held about you to:
- our related companies as required for carrying on our business;
- third party service suppliers, including, but not limited to email systems providers and parties involved in the maintenance of our information technology systems;
- our authorised representatives (including accounting, legal and financial advisers);
- organisations required by law;
- insurance providers in relation to specific claims;
- law enforcement agencies; and,
- anyone to whom you authorise us to disclose the information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, misuse, modification or loss of your personal information, we have in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information.
Access to your personal information is limited to those parties within TasFoods who require legitimate access to it.
We may have your personal information collected by or transferred to organisations located overseas, for example where:
- we use service providers based overseas;
- you have requested a product or service that involves an international element.
Because we are cloud based your information may also be stored on computer servers located outside of Australia, in particular the USA. You consent to the disclosure of your personal information to such overseas recipients and its location on overseas servers.
In special circumstances – for example, if we were to sell our business or part of our business – your information may be transferred to potential purchasers and their advisers as part of that sale. From time to time, we may provide aggregated and de-identified information to other business partners for various purposes.
7. Access to and updating your personal information
You may request the details of any personal information we hold about you. We may charge you a small fee for providing you the information.
If you believe that any personal information we have is incorrect or incomplete, and you wish it to be corrected, please contact us as soon as possible and we will promptly correct it. On your request, and as far as it is practicable, we will provide your updated details to third party providers that we have previously disclosed your personal information to with your consent.
8. Notification of Data Breach
If we experience a data breach, for example, unauthorised access to, or disclosure of, your personal information, or where your personal information is lost in circumstances that could give rise to unauthorised loss or disclosure, and serious harm is likely to occur to you and we have not been able to prevent it we will advise you and the Australian Information Commissioner as soon as reasonably practical of the breach, and work with you to resolve it or mitigate the circumstances of the breach.
9. Breach of this Policy
Any breach of this Policy may result in disciplinary action in accordance with the Disciplinary Policy and Procedure for our employees and contractors.
Any employee or contractor who becomes aware of a breach of this Policy must disclose this breach either to their Manager or the Privacy Officer.
In extreme circumstances an individual may be concerned that a serious breach of this Policy has occurred but considers that it would be personally damaging to report it through normal channels, in such a case they should report it under the Whistleblowing
10. How to contact us
Privacy Officer: Company Secretary
52-54 Tamar Street, Launceston, Tasmania.